Sarah Morreim Photography

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Some things I've learned.

Sometimes I wonder why life is the way it is. I wonder what God's purpose is for my life and why I'm here. I wonder why God has blessed me the way he has and why He stays by my side no matter what I do.

Over the past couple of years, I've come to realize that all I am is a filthy sinner. There's absolutely nothing I can do to change that. I've spent my entire life trying to be the perfect Christian when I reality there is no such thing as a perfect Christian. Each and every one of us sin. God's love is not bound by anything and He loves each of us equally. All that we must do is follow His light and try our very hardest to be servants of His word. Let go and let God.

I've learned that negative people will always try to bring you down to their level. I used to succumb to those negative people, but just within the last few months I've learned that life is so much bigger than the negativity. Positive minds produce positive lives. My life has been much sweeter since I let go of the negative people and surrounded myself with people who are there to support me.

I've learned that there are two sides to every story and that I must hear both sides before forming an opinion. It took me many years to come to terms with this and give people the benefit of the doubt. Since I have though, I've seen many new and fresh things enter my life - things that I'm incredibly grateful for.

I've learned that there is no possible way for me to please everyone, but as long as I am staying true to myself and things I stand for that doesn't matter. I'm happy with the way I live my life. I don't need anyone telling me how I should live.

I've learned to give God my problems and let Him give me the solutions. Even if that means giving up or giving in. Life is a beautiful thing, but it's even more beautiful if we turn the things we struggle with over to the only person who can wipe all of those problems away.

I've learned to love those around me, no matter how hard it may be. I will respect you until you ruin that respect, but I will always love you because you are my sibling in Christ. We met because you're either a blessing or a lesson.

I've learned to forgive people. "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be children of God" says Matthew 5:9. My hope is that I never offend anyone by the actions that I do or the words that I say, but I know that that is unrealistic. I'm sorry if I have, but I want to be a peacemaker. Let me know what I can do if I have offended any of you and I will try my best to fix the things I have done.

My goal is to be so busy loving my life that I have no time for hate, regret, fret, or fear. This is my new motto to live by and I hope that this becomes your motto to live by as well.

Blessings,
Bailey Wachholz
Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment