Sarah Morreim Photography

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Gillette Walk

Today I headed down to St. Paul for a walk around Como Park to benefit the Children's Miracle Network and Gillette Children's Hospital. I was really excited to be at this event as I have never attended before, plus there were many queens there as well!

I have to add this because it was something that I'm really quite proud of! A man by the name of Shaun was carrying around a poloroid camera and taking multiple pictures with it. Intrigued, I started asking about the camera. I found that there is only ONE place online that he can buy the film and they are quite expensive. I thought that was interesting as I didn't even think that they made film for those types of cameras anymore. But anyway, Shaun wanted a picture with two of the queens there, so he asked me to take the picture. First of all, I had no clue how to work the thing! Second, the pressure to make sure the picture was perfect so as not to waste film was hard enough. But I'm proud to say that I took a picture with a poloroid camera for the first time :) I guess there really is a first for everything. I can check that off my bucket list now :)

The walk started about nine. The morning was turning out to be beautiful and the route was around a small lake. It was so peaceful! The changing color of the trees and the lake made this walk so incredible.

This event was for employees of Wal-Mart/Sam's Club and their families. Although it was a smaller event, we found out that they had raised just about $4,000 for Gillette! The morning was well worth getting up at 4AM for :)

Best,
Bailey
Miss MN's Outstanding Teen 2012





Sam!


Signing autographs for Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment