Sarah Morreim Photography

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Waseca pageant, Alzheimer's presentation, and State Fair!

Life after Miss America's Outstanding Teen has kept rolling. Crazy that's its already been almost two weeks since the final night of the pageant.

I know that I've said this before but I'm so beyond happy that I have been blessed with the opportunity to come back to Minnesota and represent all of you. I would have absolutely loved to be the new Miss America's Outstanding Teen, but I also absolutely love being Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen! More than most people realize. I'm so excited for what is in store the next couple of months.

The Saturday after I return from Florida, I headed down to Waseca, Minnesota for the Miss Waseca County Sleigh and Cutter/ Miss South Central pageant. My Grandma and Aunt live only half an hour away from Waseca, so I was lucky enough to stay with them for the weekend. I was looking forward to this pageant for many reasons, one of them being the fact that they were crowning two Outstanding Teen girls! Miss Waseca County Sleigh and Cutter's Outstanding Teen (that's a mouthful!) and Miss South Central Outstanding Teen were also crowned that night. The two Outstanding Teen crowns were a first for this local organization.

Twenty girls competed that night, and four girls walked away with a new sparkly object! Congrats to the new Miss Waseca County Sleigh and Cutter, Drew Trahms, the new Miss Waseca County Sleigh and Cutter's Outstanding Teen, Anna Burns, the new Miss South Central, Tiffany Buszta, and the new Miss South Central's Outstanding Teen, Corrina Swiggum! I think the Waseca/South Central Organization is going to have an extremely fun year with the new queens.

Also congrats to Kalli, the outgoing Miss South Central and Rachel, the outgoing Miss Waseca County Sleigh and Cutter! You both have done an awesome job.








We had on matching gowns :)


My first day of school was Monday as well. I am attending Central Lakes College in Brainerd as a Post-Secondary student. This is my senior year of high school and I wanted to get a jump-start on my college education :) I felt like it was the first day of kindergarten... new school, I hardly know anyone, and I don't know my way around! Tomorrow will be my third day and I'm starting to get the hang of this whole college thing :)

This past Tuesday, I was at Breathe of Life Adult Day Care Services visiting with some ladies who attend an Alzheimer's/ dementia support group. Both my Mom and I just sat down and had a little talk with them about what we're going through and experiencing. It was great to hear their stories!

Today, I was at the Minnesota State Fair with my Mom and my boyfriend. If you are anything like my Mom and I... we go to the fair to eat all of the wonderful deep fried food on a stick! My favorites are the chocolate  covered banana's (on a stick of course!) and the deep friend pickles with ranch. YUM! But I decided to get a little risky and try something new... so I had a deep-fried Reese's cup (on a stick again!)! And to anyone who loves Reese's like I do, I would definitely recommend this highly un-nutritional, breaded, gooey snack! It was delicious!

Here's to hoping all of you are enjoying the end of your summer.
Bailey
Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment