Sarah Morreim Photography

Sunday, June 3, 2012

A day in the life.

This past week has pretty crazy, and instead of giving you 10 different blogs, I figured I would combine them into one :)

The last time I blogged was when I was at Pillager School speaking about Alzheimer's. I'm going to back up to Memorial Day.

The Sunday before Memorial Day, I was at Cragun's Resort in Brainerd for the Military Family Fun Day. This was an event for the families of the men and women who risk their lives for our country and I'm really glad I went. I am also inspired by veterans and their stories, and although Memorial Day is a day to honor those who have lost their lives, it is still great to hear from those who are still living. Thank you to those who willing give their lives for a country that they love. The day started with a parade, and I was lucky enough to be able to ride in a humvee :) That was the first time I had ever been in a humvee so I was extremely excited!

Speaking about my platform

Tubby Smith, MN Gopher Basketball coach

On Memorial Day the next day, I was at the Nisswa America Legion for their annual Memorial Day Service. Although it started to rain and they had to move the service indoors, the stories from the veterans still had a lasting impact. I met an incredible veteran named Charlie who is quite an inspirational man. He was emotional that day and he brought tears to my eyes when taps began to play. It's people like him who make this world a more loving and forgiving place and for that, I thank him.

Nisswa Mayor, Brain Lehman

MN Representative, John Ward

The only surviving member of the original Nisswa America Legion!

Charlie, the inspiring Veteran. Thanks for your service!

Next on the agenda was the Culver's fundraiser in Baxter to help me get to Miss America's Outstanding Teen! Ten percent of foods sale from 5pm-7pm on that Tuesday went to the Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen organization. Kids dressed up as princesses and princes got a free custard! That night was a lot of fun and was a huge success. Thanks to everyone who took time to come out!



Yesterday morning my Mom and I had our first adult/child support group for Alzheimer's. We have been trying for many years to get such a support group like this up and running for a few years now and to finally have it be a reality is an extraordinary thing. I can't wait to watch this group grow in the next few months.

Then I was off to Pequot Lakes to hand out awards at the Car Show. I had done this event last year so it was great to be back and the chair-person of the event, Betty, just so happened to be my old daycare lady. This event is always fun because of all of the antique cars and the craft fair that they have.





Last night I headed up to Frazee, Minnesota for a sendoff party for Miss Perham, Miss Frazee, and Miss Northwest. Miss Minnesota is in a week and a half! It was great to see what these girls will be wearing at the state pageant and I'm so incredibly excited to be able to spend the week with them. Paige, Miss Perham, has been a good friend of mine for the past couple of years. She and I competed with each other at Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen 2010 and she ended up being first runner up and I was second runner up. Our friendship has blossomed and I can't believe she will be competing for Miss Minnesota!!
I couldn't be in Frazee and not stop to see the world's largest turkey!

Siri, Miss Northwest and Paige, Miss Perham

Hailey, Miss Frazee's Outstanding Teen and Libby, Miss Red River Valley Outstanding Teen

Then today I was at a sendoff party for the Miss Brainerd, Miss Baxter, and Miss South Central queens. Again, it was so great to see what these girls will be wearing when they compete for the title as Miss Minnesota 2012! Plus these girls are my sister queens so I share a special bond with them.

My three Brainerd sisters :) Molly and Savannah!
Hope all of you are enjoying summer!
Bailey
Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment