Sarah Morreim Photography

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pillager School.

On Tuesday, I had the opportunity to speak at Pillager School about my platform, Alzheimer's. Pillager is a Kindergarten-12th grade school, so I was able to speak to a variety of students without leaving the building.

I first spoke to the staff. I told them story and what I planned on doing in the classroom. I opened it up to questions and allowed them to knock down the stereotypes they had of Alzheimer's disease. I also raised a few dollars for Children's Miracle Network, the national platform of the Miss America Organization.

The day was packed with many classes! I spoke to kids as young as kindergarten to teenagers my age. This was the fourteenth school that I spoken in and I have never left a school not feeling empowered. Even if only one child walks away from my presentation feeling inspired and they learned something new, then I accomplished my goal. That one child could grow up to be the scientist that finds a cure for Alzheimer's.

I can now officially say that I've signed an arm and a shoe :)

Always,
Bailey
Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen 2012

Signing autographs. 

One of the many classes that I spoke to.

No comments:

Post a Comment