Sarah Morreim Photography

Thursday, May 17, 2012

LAMAA Dementia Conference.

On Tuesday, I spoke at the Lake's Area Memory Awareness Advocates (LAMAA) conference at Central Lakes College in Brainerd. I gave a little session on the "Teen Perspective" of Alzheimer's. Although the registration numbers weren't as high as hoped, it was still great to be there and speak with people who understand how difficult Alzheimer's disease is. My Mom is a member of LAMAA and through her I've been able to get connected with even more people in my community who are dealing with the effects of Alzheimer's.

Also that night was a dinner for the doctors in the Brainerd Lakes Area. I wasn't able to attend because of my presentation, but I was told that it went extremely well! Basically, this dinner was to educate our area doctors on Alzheimer's and give them tools to give their patients more information on Alzheimer's and dementia. Getting our doctors in tune to how big of a problem this is is instrumental in ending this awful disease.

I also would also like to wish my mom a very happy birthday! This woman is my best friend and does so much for me. Thank you, Mom and I love you!

With love,
Bailey
Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment